The Microsoft TFS team has been busy releasing updates to TFS 2012 on rapid pace as promised. Some of the highlights of the releases are listed below.
TFS 2012 Update 1 (2012.1) was released in November 2012 and contained a long list of improvements and fixes including:
- Extend TFS server side path limits from 260 characters to 400 characters
- Usability improvements for Version Control
- Kanban support in TFS Web Access
- TFS web access usability improvements
- Sharepoint testing improvements
- Manual testing improvements
- Coded UI testing improvements
- SCVMM 2012 SP1 support with Lab Management for Windows 2012 hosts
- VSUpdate support for Microsoft Test Manager for automatic update notification
- Unit testing improvements
- Easier installation of unit test adapters on TFS build machines using Nuget
- Code Map – Incremental discovery and visualization of your application architecture and dependencies
- IntelliTrace Integration with System Center
- Integrate Blend Windows Phone Tooling
- Multiscale image support for manifest content
- Mixed Managed/Native Debugging Support for Store Apps
- ARM Native Dump Debugging Support
- Enable XP targeting with C++
More info on TFS 2012 Update 1 (2012.1) can be found here.
TFS 2012 Update 2 (2012.2) was released in April 2013. The full list of improvements and fixes is too long to list here, but can be found here.
Some of the improvement highlights include:
Team Foundation Server
- You can now send a work item as an email message in TFS Web Access.
- Support is now provided for extended cross-browser use.
- Support is now provided for UI testing for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7.
Test Case Manager (Web Access)
- You can now view and edit test cases in a test plan from TFS Web Access.
- You can now run manual test cases, and file bugs from TFS Web Access.
- Support is now provided for web and load testing for SharePoint applications.
- Support is now provided for record and playback through Coded UI to perform UI validations on SharePoint 2013 applications.
- IntelliTrace support is the same as that provided in SharePoint 2010.
- The program enables unit testing for Windows Phone.
- The program lets you build and deploy workflows of Windows Phone projects from the command line.
TFS 2012 Update 3 (2012.3) was released in June 2013. The full list of improvements and fixes can be found here.
TFS 2012.3 is a small releases, mostly containing high priority bug fixes and a few changes to improve the compatibility/interop story with VS 2013.